StudioTrax Forums  

Go Back   StudioTrax Forums > Standalone Studio Recorders > Korg Studio Recorders > D1200 Forum
StudioTrax Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

D1200 Forum The D1200 Digital Recorder

Old November 17th, 2007, 01:12 AM
bassonardo

Default ka210 adapter

I purchased a new d1200mkll demo unit today and it had no power supply. when I go to the Korg online store, it shows the ka210 but has a message that reads (paraphrase) "this is the adapter unit that plugs into the d1200 itself. The cord that plugs into the 120v outlet is not included". :h What am I to do? I e-mailed them but am not hopeful of a speedy reply. I have thirty days to check out the unit and return it if necessary but if I can't power it up..... I am wondering if the cord is just a standard cord that could be sourced from radio shack or other local stores?? What do you all know about this?

By the way--- I am completely stoked about this unit and can't wait to get using it, just a little wary of being able to get the right part. For your info I am in the U.S.
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Inactive Member

Default Re: ka210 adapter

Give me about 10 hours (until I get home from work) and I will send you the voltages and pinouts. I can tell you that the KA210 that I have is 240 volts AC input. Your mains supply may be different but the DC voltages into the D1200 should still be the same.

You need

+5 vdc
+12 vdc
-12 vdc
and a 7 pin DIN plug with wiring attached
(use different colours for ease of connection)

You will need either

1 power supply that can derive +12 vdc and -12 vdc and +5 vdc. With a few amps will do unless you are planning to drive some speakers at full volume.

or

2 power supplies each one having +12 vdc and a +5 vdc.

I have attached a drawing of how to connect 2 PSUs to derive -12vdc. try and get PSU that are double insulated else you may need to drop the earth off of one, (you really need some experience for this stuff).

I think the best thing to do is to drop the unit into a Korg dealer and get them to check it out, a least this way you are not risking damaging anything. but you will have to live with how the D1200 operates if you don't like it.

Multivits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSU connections.JPG (14.4 KB, 25 views)
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Inactive Member

I just purchased the KA 210 adapter. The KA 210 is the part that hooks up to the unit. It is a 7 pin adapter. After you receive the KA 210 you will hook a regular ac cord similar to what's in most keyboards to the adapter then you can plug it into the wall.
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Inactive Member

I'm a new member but can't get into the Attached Images-PSU connections.JPG to get my new Korg D1200 mkII going (have no KA210 power supply). Need to know 7-pin plug wiring. Please help! Thanks, moto1dave
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Inactive Member

I'm a new member but can't get into the Attached Images-PSU connections.JPG to get my new D1200mkII going (have no KA210 PSU). Need to know plug wiring. Please help! Thanks, moto1dave
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asonjack View Post
I just purchased the KA 210 adapter. The KA 210 is the part that hooks up to the unit. It is a 7 pin adapter. After you receive the KA 210 you will hook a regular ac cord similar to what's in most keyboards to the adapter then you can plug it into the wall.

He is exactly right, the missing cord just like the power cord you connect to the back of a computer is what you are missing. You probably have a spare or 2 in your house now. The cord from the power pack to the wall is the simplest part of the system, female connection to power box, male plug into wall outlet....and bingo was his name-o.
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Starting Member

I had this same problem.
The korg d1200II but not K210.
Attempt to modify the power supply, computer power supply for korg d1200II.
I will have to report on this again.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Starting Member

I too am trying to view the jog attachment above. I need to know the pinouts so I can mock up a power supply. Anybody know them?
Old June 6th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto1dave View Post
I'm a new member but can't get into the Attached Images-PSU connections.JPG to get my new D1200mkII going (have no KA210 PSU). Need to know plug wiring. Please help! Thanks, moto1dave
SO were you able to see the document on the adapter pinouts. I need it. Thanks and Rock on!