Thread: 2loose - May 2015 - Deeper 2 Keeper (instrumental mix)

Default 2loose - May 2015 - Deeper 2 Keeper (instrumental mix)

This is more loopy stuff. I have some lyrics I've been working on for this, but I'm lost as to how to phase them and where the lyrics should go as there are so many different sections. I may have to do some heavy editing to fit lyrics in this baby. This was all done in Reason.

https://soundcloud.com/george-nelson-1/deeper-2-keeper

Default Re: 2loose - May 2015 - Deeper 2 Keeper (instrumental mix)

What a blast this is bringing memories of inebriated dance floors of the 90s to mind. I like the way the 2 initial underlying rhythms sync together to form a bed for what's to come. Some nice melodic and sonic twists come in about a 3rd of the way through to give the track it's individuality. Like all genres these days, it's not easy to introduce a different sound that hasn't been heard before but the middle third section seems to contain the deep hidden meaning of the piece. Will be interesting to hear the singer and lyrics and theme overlaid. Technically I'm out of my depth here but it sounds well proportioned to me

Steve

Sorry, thought I'd replied here before. But thanks for the comments. I've noticed Jonsolo has been absent, will email to see if he's ok. I'm totally uninspired these days, but that's how late spring/early summer is for me. Yeah, with these types of songs for me it's hard to know how to string these various loop/soundscapes keeping it interesting and focused at the same time. I don't listen to enough in this genre to really emulate the style properly, then of course that might keep my style unique versus cookie-cutter.

Yes Jon Solo has shrunk away (take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind) - maybe this year of SAM is on the ropes. But that's OK - we've had a good run.

Steve