Thread: Okay, so how do you do it?

Default Okay, so how do you do it?

Since this forum section says: A forum to share tips and hints about getting your music published, perhaps those of you who have been successful with song placement can share what you've done and what you've found to be best practices, as well as traps to avoid, time-wasters, etc.

I suppose you have to start with creating some music. Also, do you master songs individually, or only when creating a CD?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Okay, so how do you do it?

I can tell you this much from my experiences Bruce. 1st and most importantly stick with one licensing company if that's the avenue you choose for your music. You'll save yourself a lot of unnecessary work and wasted time. After being with several licensing companies over the years I just recently decided to go exclusive with Audiosparx which is something I should've done a long time ago. I highly recommend them. They work hard for their vendors and spend lots of money to advertise their site which in turn gets more exposure for you and your music. They have several different areas and affiliate networks (they just don't license music) when it comes to marketing your music and they provide you with detailed reports and records pertaining to your songs. Anyway check them out and get more info HERE if you're interested. If you have any questions PM me anytime Bruce.
    ~Geo524~

Dead last is greater than did not finish which trumps did not start.

Main System: Win 7x64; Sonar Platinum; MixCraft 7 Pro; AMD Quadcore; 3.8GHz; DDR3 24 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors

System II: Win 7 Pro x64;
    Reaper v 4.71; AMD PhenomII x4 965 Processor; 3.4 GHz; DDR3 8 GB Ram; 28" Monitor; Cakewalk FA66 FW Interface; 320 GB HDD; 225 GB HDD; 120 GB HDD; KRK Rokit 5 G2 Monitors

Music and SFX 4 Media

Thanks, George, great info. I look forward to producing enough music to consider!

On The Shores Of Lake Huron In Northeast Michigan

[QUOTE=geo524;470843...and they provide you with detailed reports and records pertaining to your songs.[/QUOTE]
    I've only ever gotten one report from them. Not that there was anything to report though...
    "Music is a fundamental human desire." - Mike Butera

"The headphones make my voice sound orange."

Life is only math: If you add more negative than positive, you always end up with negative. -richie43

If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space...

He who does not have music, has nothing...

This just in... no matter what else appears in this space, the Detroit Tigers still suck...

Blog Entries

Glad it helped Bruce. You only need 3 songs to audition for Audiosparx. Once you're in you can take the time you need to build your catalog. Their only stipulation is, once you'v uploaded your songs they ask that you configure them within 72 hours. I think it's 72 anyway?
    ~Geo524~

Main System: Win 7x64; Sonar Platinum; MixCraft 7 Pro; AMD Quadcore; 3.8GHz; DDR3 24 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors

Reaper v 4.71; AMD PhenomII x4 965 Processor; 3.4 GHz; DDR3 8 GB Ram; 28" Monitor; Cakewalk FA66 FW Interface; 320 GB HDD; 225 GB HDD; 120 GB HDD; KRK Rokit 5 G2 Monitors

Music and SFX 4 Media

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jm207 View Post
    I've only ever gotten one report from tem. Not that there was anything to report though...
    Jeff, You can log into your account and run reports for everything from sales and track uses to checking your songs to ensure they are all configured properly. You can run reports that go as far back as the very first day you joined for a complete history. And of course you also receive sale and payment notifications via email. Pretty cool stuff...
    ~Geo524~

Music and SFX 4 Media

Thanks George. Gotta read thru their site before I take the jump. Still not sure what "configure" means.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Thanks George. Gotta read thru their site before I take the jump. Still not sure what "configure" means.
    Hi Jack, "Configure" in this sense means writing descriptions for your songs, tagging them with keywords, picking the styles, moods, BPM, etc... Audiosparx makes it easy with their templates but there's something like 10 pages pr/song you have to go through. It's a lot of work, but it only needs to be done once.
    ~Geo524~

Music and SFX 4 Media