Thread: Sink up of two Aw4416

Default Sink up of two Aw4416

I have bought a second 4416 to primarily use as a backup to the main 4416 I have had for a while. How do I sink them up and do track transfers in the digital realm?

Default Re: Sink up of two Aw4416

Quote Originally Posted by Originalassman View Post
    I have bought a second 4416 to primarily use as a backup to the main 4416 I have had for a while. How do I sink them up and do track transfers in the digital realm?
    I bought a used Yamaha AW4416 a few years ago. But because I have a few other standalone DAWs I still haven't used my AW4416 other than testing it out for a short time to make sure it worked properly.

You'll need to hook the machines up using a midi cable and then set one machine to master and one to slave using the utility/ menu screen. If you want a digital transfer you'll need to have the appropriate digital cord to connect to the s/pdif inputs on both machines. From there it's just a matter of assigning the tracks that you want to record. Arm the tracks on the machine that you're transferring to. I'm almost certain you can only record 2 individual tracks at a time (or 1 stereo track). If you have 14 tracks that you want transferred you simply have to repeat the process 7 times. So you'll set the machine with the original tracks to play and then on the other machine you've armed the tracks that you want to record to. When everything is set up just press play on the machine that's set to midi master and the two machines will both play in synch.

Make sure both machines have the same midi channel number. I seem to remember setting my Korg D3200 to #16 when I synched it up with other standalones. Not sure if it matters which channel number you use but both machines have to be set to the same number.
    Last edited by Zed; January 16th, 2015 at 06:30 PM.