Quote Originally Posted by Bad Disciple View Post
On the other hand, I try to save the good stuff that works well and I also use it as a tool and not as a goal - it's my choice. So Cubase was quite a challenge to learn in the years back, as is very good but not that intuitive with its complexity etc., so once I've learned it, I'm a bit reluctant to start learning another complexity anew. Unless if (your suggestion) Reaper IS clearly intuitive and user friendly in its functioning... Also, is not Reaper mostly made for those "loop and paste" kind of works? Or do I confound it with "Reason"?
First of all absolutely not. Reaper is the furthest thing from just "looping and Pasting" although you can do so if you wish. Secondly, although it is different from other DAWS the learning curve isn't that bad. Of course there is a learning curve with anything new but I was up and running with the basics of Reaper in a matter of a few minutes. You can also customize Reaper to work the way you want to work. Third, you can download the demo to see if it's for you or not. It is completely uncrippled and never times out. Not even after the 60 day trial. A license costs $60 (or maybe it's $65 now?) The Developers have a business model that is like no other in the industry. If you like Reaper after the 60 day trial they ask that you purchase a license. That's it. Worth a try IMHO. I mostly use Sonar for my work because I'm just so use to it, but in the past I've also used Reaper quite a bit.

Good luck and keep us posted...