Thread: Glitch?

Default Glitch?

Mixing a project and doing 2-3 mixes per song. Finally got all committed to one mix on a certain song and spent all morning following through on it....left the other versions a half day's work behind. Now...the mix I like will only play and bounce in mono for some unknown reason. I've tried disabling all plugins and I've made sure any mono/stereo options I know of are set correctly.....including panners of course. I've gone back to the other two mixes of this song (un-finished) and they are stereo like they should be. Not a clue what's doing this..

anyone?

"Want to learn to write songs?...Listen to Merle Haggard" ~ Tom Waits

Default Re: Glitch?

Me thinks you've clicked something inadvertently Rod.. I've had it happen to me and it was in the soundcard settings...
    i7 970, 12gb, UAD2 Quad x2, FF800, Cubase 7, WaveLab 7

Chigger Tracks

Hi Steve

Hmmmm..Usually any changes in the sound card (Steiny MR816) are across all projects. Like if I make a buffer setting, boom... that's the buffer setting now on all songs/projects. This is one song with the weird mono thing happening. I can even switch "mono" on or off in the control room and the music will do a little hicup but continue as mono...with the mono switch on or off.

Well...I guess if it comes down to it I can copy all the edited tracks and mixer settings into a new project...that'd be a pain. Can'
    t help but think you're right though, gotta be some clutz move I made.

What happens when ya disable the control room?

Chigger Tracks

Great minds..Yeah I tried that but, it wasn't the problem.

Found the problem though...must have been tired and dumb yesterday. I had bounced a mix and, as always, I specified the bounce to import back into the project as well as going to a separate file. Found some little nit while mastering this song...went back to the mix and fixed it without listening to the mix. Then I bounced it out again without muting the previous bounce (which was now on it's own channel). sheesh!!

Somehow the bounced track was overpowering and minimizing the panning on the reg tracks...all is well. Thanks for jumping in Dr. Steinberg
    Last edited by ramrod; April 20th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Yep, I've done that too, I believe! LOLOL... Glad ya tracked 'er down, buddy!

Chigger Tracks