Thread: System Down message!!!!!Yikes!!!

Unhappy System Down message!!!!!Yikes!!!

I finished a session yesterday and had burned it to a disc, when I tried to play back the disc on the D3200 it froze and then played but with static when I tried to eject I got:

SYSTEM DOWN-------------
    EVT:000000E0
    SSR:400000100
    SPC:0C16B246

i CANT POWER DOWN AND i'M AFRAID TO TURN IT OFF TO RETRIEVE THE DISC!!!

Have I fried the hard drive or the cd drive?? Please help I'm in the middle of a session for a client!!

Brokerboy

Default Re: System Down message!!!!!Yikes!!!

I can't be sure what those messages mean exactly, but I would think that if something has broken, then it's broken, and leaving the unit powered on is not going to help. So if it were me, I would power it off, and unplug it at least for a little while.

Yep-Can you eject the disk? If not, in the standard way, you can use a pin in the little hole above the eject button on the drive manually open the drive door. Then restart. See if that works.
    Billy E
    http://www.heartbeatstudios.com

May the Force be with you

Post Re: System Down message!!!!!Yikes!!!

In the past, I suffered such problems very seldom with my D3200s and my D32XD, but luckily it never caused any further trouble after switching off and powering up again. Luckily, I had the actual song saved before in all cases of appearance, and never lost any recorded material.
    DVCVNT VOLENTEM FATA NOLENTEM TRAHVNT
    (The Fates lead the willing and drag those who are unwilling.)
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah, I've had the system freeze also.
    The only time it would happen was when I was transferring tracks back and forth between the computer and the D3200.
    I've learned that it will only happen if I have too many files stored in the USB partition of my Korg D3200.
    I now won't fill up any more than 2.5 gigs on the USB partition before unloading those files to computer (or vice versa).
    After my files have been transfered I'll delete the originals that were in the USB partition so as to avoid a system freeze.