Thread: Problem Loading Addictive Drums...

Default Problem Loading Addictive Drums...

Hi Friends,

I am impressed with Addictive drums, so I went ahead and purchased it as it was a cybermonday sale. I went through all the steps to register and download the software....Opened all the zip files, installed it..etc. When It was done installing I received a message that was not very helpful..to paraphrase.

"Your software "May" have not downloaded correctly" there was also a link to click that said "It did download correctly" Like I am supposed to decide????

Well, I can see an addictive drums folder, and a file to "Uninstall", however no where can I find the program to Launch, and the two hosts I have "Reaper" and "Guitar Tracks Pro" do not recognize it either, however when I loaded Reaper it recognized other VST plug-ins previously installed.

I have a Laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit) I suspect this may be the problem. The error message did mention something about adjusting settings.

Does anyone have experience with Addictive Drums in Windows 7, and have you had similar problems that were bypassed? Do I need another Host?? or is Reaper ok. I was looking at Sonar X1 Essential for $99...All I need is a host to edit Tracks and run Plug-ins.

Any help is much appreciated...I uninstalled and downloaded it several times with no luck, and it is quite frustrating.

Regards,

Jeff
    Last edited by Beatles65; December 1st, 2011 at 03:53 AM.

Default Re: Problem Loading Addictive Drums...

Not sure what's going on Jeff and I do not have addictive drums, but I've also received the same error message about software programs not installing correctly when in fact the software installed just fine. Assuming it did you might have to create a path to your plugins folder in order for Reaper to recognize it. I'm not sure how to do that in Reaper. I have a license for Reaper but haven't experimented much with it at all. Anyway, make sure your .dll file appears in your VST folder. If it's there try to scan the folder again and see what happens.

Also... check your Windows programs to make sure the software did install correctly. I guess that should be the first step.

Good luck...
    ~Geo524~

Dead last is greater than did not finish which trumps did not start.

Main System: Win 7 Pro x64; Sonar X3e Producer; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 24 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors

System II: Win 7 Pro x64;
    Reaper v 4.71; AMD PhenomII x4 965 Processor; 3.4 GHz; DDR3 8 GB Ram; 28" Monitor; Cakewalk FA66 FW Interface; 320 GB HDD; 225 GB HDD; 120 GB HDD; KRK Rokit 5 G2 Monitors

Music and SFX 4 Media

I have AD, but not W7. The people at XLN are very helpful though...give them a try.

Congrats....and enjoy
    Last edited by ramrod; December 1st, 2011 at 09:07 AM.

Want to learn to write songs?...Listen to Merle Haggard ~ Tom Waits

On The Shores Of Lake Huron In Northeast Michigan

You may have to have Reaper "rescan for plug-ins" which you can do from the Preferences menu. You could also go to YouTube and search for "Addictive Drums" and I'll bet you find an instructional vid to help. I found one for EZ Drummer that was specific to Reaper that was EXTREMELY helpful. So you may find one specific to AD.
    Life is only math: If you add more negative than positive, you always end up with negative. -richie43

I have so much debt I could start my own country...

I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse...

If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space...

He who does not have music, has nothing...

This just in... no matter what they do, the Detroit Tigers still suck...

Thanks all, Tried scanning for new Plug ins....No Luck. The other Plug Ins show up. ..

I sent a message to the tech people with addictive drums, hopefully they can help me out...

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by Beatles65; December 5th, 2011 at 12:15 AM.